Laboratory & Sampling Technician
Fixed Term Laboratory and Sampling Technician
We have a vacancy available within the Red Stag Timber Treatment Laboratory team. The RST laboratory is a small, but busy, IANZ accredited laboratory testing timber samples. The successful candidate will gain experience from sampling the timber through to the chemical analysis required to ensure compliance with relevant standards.
We seek a science graduate or trained technician for a 13 month fixed term role (approximately December 2023 – January 2025) with normal hours of work being 40 hours per week (8:00 to 17:00), Monday to Friday.
This role will include:
- Timber sampling and preparation,
- Conducting laboratory operational duties to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Tertiary qualified in science or have equivalent experience
- Practical and theoretical science knowledge
- Proven understanding of basic Analytical chemistry, with experience in:
- HPLC Chromatography
- An analytical mind, with a great ‘can-do’ attitude and willingness to jump in and help where needed
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent time management, communication, and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail and excellent computer skills, including use of Excel
Please complete the application form and attach a c.v. and covering letter by clicking Apply Now.
Proof of qualifications will be required prior to interview.
Applicants will require the legal right to live and work in NZ
Red Stag Timber Limited is located 10 minutes’ drive south of Rotorua CBD, and an industry leader when it comes to producing quality structural timber products. The Company operates New Zealand’s largest sawmill and is a well-established and successful business, employing 400 staff & contractors.