Department: HR / H&S
Based 5mins south of Rotorua, Red Stag Timber Ltd operates Waipa Mill, New Zealand’s largest timber processing site employing 400+ staff and contractors.
We are looking for a highly organised & efficient administrator to join our high performing Human Resources and Health & Safety team.
The successful candidate for the role of the HR/HS Administrator at Red Stag Timber will provide varied administration support to the Human Resources and Health & Safety team.
This is a key role which supports delivery of the Company’s people and safety objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Employment and payroll related documentation and record keeping
- Supporting the recruitment process, inductions and on boarding
- Coordination and/or assistance with Company events, including team training and wellness initiatives
- Provide general support to the team including coordination of meetings, training courses, annual health checks and briefings.
- Ensure all HR and HS databases are maintained and updated as required
- Providing support to both the HSE Committee and Wellness Committee, including staff bulletin oversight
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Strong practical administration skills gained in previous office administration role(s) and database management
- Ideally some knowledge and experience in an HR and/or HS role
- A relevant administration qualification at Level 4 or higher
- Be computer literate and tech savvy, with the ability to quickly adapt to new systems including digital technology skills
- Proven professional communication ability
- Ability to collaboratively work effectively in a team environment, with a strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and complete these in a timely manner with strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally discreet with sensitive/confidential information
- Flexibility to quickly respond to fast-changing demands
If this sounds like you, please express your interest in the role by clicking 'Apply Now', completing the application form and attaching a copy of your CV and covering letter explaining what you could offer in this role.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
The successful candidate must be available full-time (Monday to Friday) 8am – 5pm.
Questions about the role or the recruitment process can be directed to: Angela Kruse, Senior HR Advisor, 07 349 5995 or Angela.Kruse@redstagtimber.co.nz
Applications close at midday on Friday, 8th December 2023
(Shortlisting and initial interviews may commence prior to closing date.)