Department: Projects & Services
Located 10 minutes’ drive south of Rotorua CBD, Red Stag Timber is an industry leader when it comes to producing quality structural timber products. The Company operates New Zealand’s largest sawmill and is a well-established and successful business, employing over 400 staff & contractors. We currently have the following vacancy available within our Red Stag Timber Projects & Site Services team.
We seek a qualified Mechanical Engineer with 5-10yrs post-graduate experience including equipment design and installation work. This role will be part of a busy Projects Team, and reports directly to the Engineering Manager. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 40hrs/week, outside of busy project or shut work periods.
The company has a culture of continuous improvement, involving successful installation of leading edge technical equipment and plant upgrades, required to maximize production of quality structural timber.
Key objectives of this role include:
- Managing various improvement projects on site, and providing progress updates as required;
- Undertaking design, cost estimation, ROI calculations and capital submissions for capital projects and other plant improvements;
- Providing technical advice to the Project Owners and Senior Management, along with other members of the Red Stag team;
- Overseeing all work in progress, maintaining critical path programmes towards achieving targeted completion timeframes, within budget;
- Being well organised and responsible for the supervision of contracted project personnel, including ensuring their Health and Safety systems meet or exceed required standards.
Previous industrial site experience and knowledge of sawmilling equipment is preferable, along with excellent communication skills and commitment to workplace health and safety.
A pre-employment drug test and medical also applies.
Apply online via our Company website: http://www.redstagtimber.co.nz/people/careers/
A verified B.Eng (Mech) Qualification will be required prior to interview.